You could be an individual who would be trying hard to lose weight even with strict workout regimes. But there are many reasons why many people do not lose weight easily. Advanced researches and studies have shown that the main culprit for a large number of people is imbalanced hormone levels. There many dietary improvements and supplements that help in balancing the hormone levels. But treatment for hormone imbalance therapy in UT, at centers like Medical Weight Loss Utah, provides a long-term solution for such chronic problems.
Hormone imbalances hindering weight management:
Sex Hormone Imbalances:
Sex hormone imbalances, like estrogen and testosterone, can lead to weight problems.
- Having too much estrogen causes weight gain in both men and women. Though estrogen is a female hormone that is present in women, even men will have their lower levels. Estrogen overload is the main culprit of women having a tough time losing weight irrespective of age when compared with men. Eating too much sugar, refined carbs, and alcohol increases estrogen. Maintaining a healthy gut also promotes healthy sex-hormone breakdown. A diet that lacks fiber or consuming excess antibiotics may harm the gut, triggering estrogen increase due to the inability of the body to detoxify the waste products.
- Low testosterone helps men to lose muscle and accumulate fat, low sexual drive and dysfunction, tiredness, mental gloom, and bone loss that could even cause osteoporosis. Cholesterol leads to developing testosterone and other sex hormones. Eating a diet that is low in essential fats and consuming statin drugs that inhibit cholesterol production can influence sex hormones.
- Eating lots of green vegetables daily can help in losing weight and also balance estrogen levels. Studies have shown that processed modern meat is posing a risk of increasing estrogen levels for both men and women. Therefore, it is suggested to limit the consumption of meat, especially red meat. Eating food that is low in sugar, high in good fats, and fiber can aid in balancing testosterone hormones.
Many persons in America are diagnosed with diabetes and the major culprit being weight gain. Due to this issue, insulin becomes imbalanced and the cells are non-responsive to the hormone. The blood sugar levels experience a huge level of irregularities leading to weight gain.
It will require proper monitoring of your blood glucose levels for doctors to conclude. But the major thing to give up in diet is sugar, processed food, and artificial sweeteners. Studies have also shown that eating two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before a high-carb meal drastically decreases blood glucose levels in individuals with insulin resistance.
Cortisol is produced due to an increase in stress, but the modern lifestyle is fully comprised of everyday stress to the body and mind. Stress stimulates metabolic pathways leading to weight gain and insulin resistance. This causes sugar cravings and food addiction and leads to the consumption of bad calorie processed foods. Chronic stress and resulting in high levels of cortisol lead to high blood sugar, hypertension, cholesterol, and ultimately weight gain.
You may be unable to remove stress from the body, but you can decrease it via yoga, meditation, and relaxation. Consuming high amounts of caffeine could also be one of the reasons and hence you must keep a check on your caffeine levels. Spend some time every day interacting with family and friends amidst your busy schedule to help to reduce your stress levels.
Adiponectin is one of the important hormones that indicate the body to burn fat. Determined by the ADIPOQ gene and produced by fat cells, it is responsible for glucose level regulation and fatty acid breakdown. As the level of adiponectin hormone decreases in the body, fat accumulation increases. Some individuals are genetically set to not produce this hormone inside the body.
The best way to increase adiponectin hormones is by performing intermittent fasting. Regular exercise and eating monosaturated fatty acids like pistachios, avocados, and even genuine dark chocolates can help.
- Researches have shown a drastic increase in thyroid issues in both men and women. Low thyroid function or Hyperthyroidism is a major ailment in the majority of people across America. But a major bunch of these cases goes unnoticed. A major cause of hypothyroidism is gluten intolerance. Other major reasons that impair thyroid function are nutrient deficiencies and foods with pesticides and heavy metals. Thyroid function plays a crucial role in sustaining a proper weight, and hypothyroid is an important factor in weight-loss resistance.
- Thyroid issues can be treated effectively by optimizing thyroid function through diet, supplements, and the right thyroid hormone replacement therapy. Test your thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH and free T3 and T4, along with thyroid antibodies like thyroid peroxidase (TPO) and anti-thyroglobulin antibodies. Bound the consumption of soy, raw kale, and raw cruciferous vegetables that will include thyroid-blocking compounds called goitrogens. Wild-caught, low-mercury fish, and seaweed provide healthy iodine which is a crucial mineral for the development of your thyroid hormones.
- Pumpkin seeds and oysters give exceptional zinc sources, and Brazil nuts provide selenium. A complete multivitamin supplement that contains all the above nutrients along with fish oil (omega 3), iodine, and vitamin D, provides solid nutrition for healthy thyroid levels. But care must be taken not to overdose any of these and keep checking for iodine levels regularly.
Knowing that effective weight loss is possible only with hormone balance has aided many individuals to keep their weight in check and break the weight loss plateau. There are hormone replacement therapies available for people who are not benefited by diet and supplements and require an extra edge for kicking their weight loss journey. Each body is different and a reliable doctor would help you in this journey to customize specific treatment needs for each individual. Hormone Imbalance therapy in UT by Medical Weight Loss Utah provides comprehensive and reliable hormone replacement therapy and guidance for your future steps in ensuring healthy weight management.